Monday, July 26, 2010

A Newly Minted Ending

Nothing finishes a barbeque quite like mint. It doesn't matter if we're post-Mufaletta hot dogs during the world's best homemade bachelorette weekend,
Or taking the little town of Fremont, IN by storm with barbeque after barbeque on the green,
Or post-wedding cook out, whipped up for hungry, long-missed and now faraway friends,
There's only good way to cap off any of these occasions, and that is, with mint.

I like it on top of watermelon, peaches, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, pretty much any good freshness I can get my hands on.  The Chicago chickadees chowed on mint atop grilled steak skewers.  Folks in Fremont feasted on watermelon freshly minted.  The Minneapolis mass mowed white peaches, creme fraiche and mint.  And so far that M has topped all the rest. 
What do you like to top with mint?  Anyone else have good recipes for our most prolific summer herb?

2 comments:

  1. EVERYTHING was so GOOD! I still dream about the hot dogs and I made the kale chips! Thanks for being the best cook ever, my friend.

    ReplyDelete